Like so many of you, we have spent the last several months learning about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our community. The top priority at West County Lanes has always been the safety and well-being of our guests and team members, now more so than ever.
We are actively monitoring the guidance of the St. Louis County Department of Public Health (DPH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. While we always strive for exceptionally high standards for cleanliness and safety, we have specific instructions for our team members and guests on the importance of additional measures we are taking at this time. Specifically, the importance of wearing a mask, washing hands, and staying home if you feel sick or are returning from areas identified as posing a coronavirus related risk.
We have enhanced our already strict cleaning procedures to include the following:
- We require all guests to wear face masks and have temperatures checked upon entering the building. Masks must be worn properly at all times inside the building.
- We have lowered our maximum building occupancy to a total of 75 people (with a maximum of 60 bowlers at one time) and are limiting the number of lanes in use at any given time to ensure that social distancing is respected.
- We are requiring all customers to make a reservation* (Maximum of 10 people)
*Reservations can be made for bowling, arcade, and pinball areas.
- At the time of reservation, a 25% deposit is required. Full payment can be made.
- Upon arrival, please hang tight in your car and give us a call.
- We will ask for names, sizes for rental shoes, and house bowling balls.
- Again, hang tight, we will call you when we’re ready for you to come in.
- This will help us track building occupancy and reduce traffic inside.
- Upon completion of bowling, throw away your trash.
- Leave house balls, rental shoes, and dishes at the lane for a staff member to retrieve. The space is then cleaned and disinfected prior to the next use.
- All children under the age of twelve (12) must be accompanied by an adult at all times. All children over the age of 5 are required to wear a mask.
- We are providing cleaning and disinfectant supplies to include additional hand sanitizing stations and disinfectant wipes in all areas.
- We are increasing the frequency of cleaning high-touch surfaces in our facility to include bowling balls, bowling shoes, ball return racks, furniture, input devices, door handles, restrooms, and video games.
- All house bowling balls have been secured at the desk along with rental shoes and are treated with peroxide cleaner and disinfectant after each use.
- All of our staff have completed the Covid-19 Prevention course. Team members wash their hands often and properly. All team members are required to wear face masks and have temperatures checked daily. Gloves will be worn when handling food & drink as well as “dirty items” like cash, credit cards, shoes, bowling balls, and dishes.
- If any team member or guest has flu-like symptoms, we ask they seek professional medical advice and stay home.
We remain committed to providing you and your family with a great guest experience, and hope that these measures give you confidence that we are taking the necessary precautions in this evolving situation. There is no issue more important to us than making sure your time with us is as safe and fun as possible!
For additional information about COVID-19, please read the latest report from DPH at stlcorona.com and the CDC at cdc.gov
Thank you for your cooperation,
The West County Lanes Family