Like so many of you, we have spent the last several months learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our community. The top priority at West County Lanes has always been the safety and well-being of our guests and team members, now more so than ever.
We are actively monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. While we always strive for exceptionally high standards for cleanliness and safety, we have specific instructions for our team members and guests on the importance of additional measures we are taking at this time, specifically the importance of washing hands and staying home if you feel sick or are returning from areas identified as posing a coronavirus related risk.
We have enhanced our already strict cleaning procedures to include the following:
- We are providing even more cleaning and disinfectant supplies. We are increasing the frequency of cleaning high-touch surfaces in our facilities to include bowling balls, bowling shoes, ball return racks, furniture, input devices, door handles, restrooms, and video games.
- All house bowling balls have been secured at the desk along with rental shoes and are treated with peroxide cleaner and disinfectant before and after each use. Upon completion of bowling, house balls and shoes are left at the lanes for a staff member to retrieve. The space is then cleaned and disinfected prior to next use.
- We are limiting the number of lanes in use at any given time to ensure that social distancing rules are respected.
- We are encouraging customers to make a reservation.
- At the time of the reservation, we will get sizes for rental shoes and house bowling balls which will be placed at the lane prior to the guest arrival. Payment can be made at the time of reservation for a touchless transaction.
- We require all guests to wear face masks and have temperatures checked before entering.
- All of the staff have completed the Covid-19 Prevention course. Team members wash their hands often and properly. Additional hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are provided in all areas as well. All team members are required to wear face masks and have temperatures checked daily. Gloves will be worn when handling non-disinfected items like cash, credit cards, food and drink.
- If a team member has flu-like symptoms, they will be asked to seek medical attention and to remain at home until they are free of symptoms.
- All children under the age of twelve (12) must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No food or drink orders are taken in the bar or snack bar. All orders are placed at the front desk to keep the food and beverage preparation area clean.
We remain committed to providing you and your family with a great guest experience, and hope that these measures give you confidence that we are taking the necessary precautions in this evolving situation. There is no issue more important to us than making sure your time with us is as safe and fun as possible!
For additional information about COVID-19, please read the latest report from the Centers for Disease Control at www.cdc.gov.
Thank you for your cooperation,
The West County Lanes Family